Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Feature Requests

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th August 2011, 18:57

Default let clients change the website DocumentRoot within the default DocumentRoot

Hi,

I have a similar request as

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48279

I too get requests from Zend and other framework users that need a clean folder for their website code checkout (svn) but need to distinguish between private and public code.

So it would be great if a user could configure a suffix to the default DocumentRoot in the website config like, "/public"

Making the DocumentRoot /var/www/website/web/public

This would allow the client to checkout the code in /var/www/website/web/ and have /var/www/website/web/private containing libraries and other stuff that does need to be publicly accessible.

Currently I have to override the DocumentRoot as admin user like the forum post mentions.
Would be better if clients could do this themselves.

Justin
Sponsored Links