Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th August 2011, 16:39

Default Installation requirements help needed

Hi all..

I am currently playing around with setting up ISPconfig3 on my VPS. I have followed a guide for this, and has everything working out fine, exept mod_rewrite. However, because I am realtively new to ISPconfig, I wanted to just test it out, before making a more "complete" install on the VPS (clean system).

In the guide I followed, there where alot of extra packages included in the commands I just followed without any modifications (as I said,, just for testing out ISPconfig3).

Here is the guide: ISPconfig3 on ubuntu 10.04
Translated to English: ISPconfig3 on ubuntu 10.04

I will be mostly running the VPS's domains/clients as suEXEC/suPHP, with own mailserver + mysql/phpmyadmin + mod_rewrite available to all clients that need it as default(htaccess).

So my questions are:
  1. what modules/packages can I leave out/add (according to the guide above) - during the apache/php/ispconfig3 setup to have it function as I mentioned above?
  2. how can I set the mod_rewrite=on, to all vhosts, including the main /var/www/index.html host/vhost. ex: when adding new client/site: mod_rewrite=on by default.
  3. Where can I change the "interact-with-user-templates" (example: the email sent to new email accounts ++)
  4. is there a admin/module "Create-New-User", where default values (that mostly will be the same on every creation, except name/uname/pass/domain - to simplify the creation of new clients/sites/ftp/email in one go? any scripts out there u know about? please let me know.

I will start over with a complete clean / updated ubuntu 10.04 system later today/evening, with nothing installed except the distro. Any pointers on what I need or not need during the installation, are welcomed

Thanks everybody that can give me some tips!!

EDIT:

Welcome Email point (3):
Quote:
/var/www/ispconfig/mail/lib/lang/

there you find XX_mail_user.lng

where XX is for your language

change
$wb['welcome_mail_fromname_txt']
$wb['welcome_mail_fromemail_txt']
$wb['welcome_mail_subject']
$wb['welcome_mail_message']
-Tom

Last edited by MetZ; 7th August 2011 at 12:17.
Sponsored Links
Old 7th August 2011, 12:37
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

You should have used this guide instead: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...nx-ispconfig-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetZ View Post
[*]how can I set the mod_rewrite=on, to all vhosts, including the main /var/www/index.html host/vhost. ex: when adding new client/site: mod_rewrite=on by default.
It should be on by default, but to go sure you can run
Code:
a2enmod rewrite
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: