I have recently converted to Debian from CentOS/Fedora
Currently I have followed two guides:
But my issues started to arise somewhere between the setting up of accounts on my system (emails,ftp,websites,etc) and installing virtualbox to run a headless winxp client with spiceworks installed.
Ok so now my issue(s)
- My ventrilo server loses connection repeatedly - probably alive for a hour and gone for about 30 mins.
- At this time I can't resolve dns query's
- I can't ping my gateway from my debian server
- I can ping my gateway from my laptop running win 7
- I can't dig anything but the name of my server (suggests dns is working in house)
Thats my main issue because due to that I lose my website, my mail server, my roundcube access, and my redirect to the virtual machine running spiceworks for help
I have been looking in the logs and I see lots of random things like:
mail postfix/smtpd: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
mail postfix/smtpd: lost connection after CONNECT from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
mail postfix/smtpd: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
i get that for mail imapd as well
pure-ftpd logs in and out every 5 mins???
Please help me this is blowing my mind... I had it working "fine" on my fedora machine never lost connection like this...