Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th April 2011, 09:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

The patch described in this thread is for pop3/imap only if I remember correctly and not for smtp. So you will have to use the normal username for smtp logins.

There is a similar patch available for dovecot instead of courier which might work for smtp as well as postfux can authenticate against dovecot. Or you might have to write a new sasl configuration for your setup that uses a different authentication source then the Linux passwd file.

Using the email address for login in ispconfig 2 is always a hack as ispconfig 2 is based on linux users which may not contain a sign, so if you want to use email addresses for mailusers, then use ispconfig 3 which uses virtual suers and not ispconfig 2.
Sponsored Links
Old 24th June 2011, 15:43

Default what about with remoting framework

Hey this is great!

I wonder how this would interact with email users created by the remoting frameworks autosignup.php and all that.

I wish I saw this earlier. I've been wanting to have:

sales@domain1.com & sales@domain2.com

I think someone told me it was impossible with ispconfig 2 awhile back and I never researched it. I'll have to try this out on a test server and see how it works. It sure would be a pain to change all the existing email users.

Thanks for the info!