Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Desktop Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 12th June 2011, 13:20

Default Compiz not working in Ubuntu 11?

Hi folks I'm relatively new to Linux, been using it for a few years. I recently did a fresh install of Ubuntu 11 and have an issue with compiz, I understand the new desktop plugin and have disabled it in the compiz settings manager, but compiz is still non-functional. I'm running a new Asus G73 laptop so I have the hardware to support it, and yes I did install the correct video drivers. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Rich
Sponsored Links
Old 19th June 2011, 13:44

Might help:
http://reformedmusings.wordpress.com...tty-and-unity/

if you find anything better on the subject let me know, because I'm in the same situation.