Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd May 2011, 03:08

Default Email being accepted but not delivered

I have a strange issue that only just started occurring over the weekend. I have a dedicated server hosted with Godaddy and up until now have had no issues. Godaddy require you route email through their SMTP server and this is defined in postfix main.cf with the relayhost directive. So I have a standard postfix configuration file with the added directive

relayhost = [p3smtpout.secureserver.net]

This has been working fine up until two days ago, and I have made no changes whatsoever. Outgoing email is still okay, but incoming email is 'lost' It is being accepted as evident in the logs, but it is not being delivered. The logs now show the following for incoming email:

to=<example.org_matthew@ns1.tellip.info>, relay=p3smtpout.secureserver.net[208.109.80.54]:25, delay=0.16, delays=0.01/0/0.05/0.1, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 Accepted message qp 6069 bytes 18230)

As you can see the relay for INCOMING messages is the Godaddy SMTP server and this I think is why mail is being lost, as it is being routed on instead of being delivered locally.

I checked logs prior to the weekend when it was working and the relay was local, see below

to=<example.org_matthew@ns1.tellip.info>, orig_to=<Matthew@example.org>, relay=local, delay=10
, delays=0.2/0.01/0/9.9, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)

I also see that there is no reference to procmail in the first example.

Is this an issue with postfix or procmail?

Please help
Matthew
Sponsored Links