Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Feature Requests

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th May 2011, 00:30

Default ISPConfig handling the default webpage too

I find it hard to do any configuration on the "default" webpage on my servers, like the /var/www for Apache accessed through the server's ip address.

Like access control. Index control. Creating ftp users for the default website. For example, I have found that Indexes are open and that the server stats ( var/www/webalizer ) directory also are open for everyone. Setting a password for server-ip/webalizer and other directories through ISPConfig would make managing and setting up a server much easier.

So I would request a category in ISPConfig for simple handling of the default server website. It would at least help on keeping a server more secure as settings as Index control on the default website would be more visual.

, MacGoose
Sponsored Links