Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 4th May 2011, 08:17

Default Perfect Server Ubuntu 10.04 webmail issue

First off I have a semi newbie level of linux knowledge, and google tends to be my freind...

I have been playing with a few distro's on my main server after getting a backup server running to handle the email for 2 domains..

One thing I wasn't able to fix is on my backup server... when I went through the Perfect Server Ubuntu 10.04 (w/squirrelmail) the webmail was
Code:
www.example.com:8080/webmail
that wasn't an issue as it is for temporary measures for a couple days..

Now that my main server is up and running with a mix of Perfect Server Debian Squeeze (fail2ban plugin's) / Expanding Perfect Server Debian Squeeze (roundcube) / Ubuntu Perfect Server 10.04 for the rest... When I went through Perfect Squeeze it was just
Code:
www.example.com/webmail
However with just Ubuntu Perfect is was :8080/webmail and now with this mix it is :8080/webmail

What I would like is just /webmail so I wouldn't have to port forward :8080 for outside access... the other domain's owner does use webmail a lot due to traveling w/o laptop..

2 years ago I went through the Perfect Server Ubuntu at that time.. and it has hosted that domain just fine with /webmail...

Searched all over this forum, google, webmail, roundcube, squirrelmail sites, I guess I am not searching for the right keywords.

Any conf's, log's you need me to post or commands to run just let me know.. I will be monitoring this post for many hours to come while migrating the guys website from one CMS to another... fun fun....

**Edit**
All the stuff needing install via the wget and all that, like jailkit and ispconfig was done using the most recent version numbers from those respective sites. Anything that is a package install was done copy and paste style. (Ubuntu needs to update the ClamAV engine package!)

Last edited by sidcypher; 4th May 2011 at 08:21. Reason: more information
Sponsored Links
Old 5th May 2011, 16:11
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Try this: http://www.howtoforge.com/enabling-s...r-ubuntu-10.10

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: