Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th April 2011, 16:01
ISPConfig Developer

Post alternative mailbox login as optional field

Currently ispconfig3 uses the email address of a mailbox as the login when using imap/pop3.
This is my preferred option, but other control panels have a different aproach like using "web1p34" or even custom login names.

Currently I think about migrating a server with quite a few users, webs and mail addresses from a customer-built controlpanel (similar to confixx) to ispc.
Unfortunately the control panel uses custom email logins like web1p1 and sending each customer new access data is not really an option.

So my idea is:
Implementing an additional (and optional) field in ispconfig3 in the mailbox form allowing the admin (and customer?) to set a custom login for the mailbox.

1.) This would require an additional db field "login" in the email database table. If no optional login name is given the email address is put into that field.
2.) The courier authmysqlrc MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD would change to "login" instead of "email"

My question is if you (especially till and falko) think this is an option that should make it's way into the main ispconfig branch or should I just implement it for our own use?
Are there any problems you think that will occur by doing these changes?

Thank you

Last edited by Croydon; 20th April 2011 at 17:49.
Sponsored Links