Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 7th April 2011, 17:59

Default ISPConfig Users Permissions

Hello all!

I migrated my ISPConfig to another machine and all is right.
But when I add a new customer, ISPConfig does not add to "/etc/passwd" and therefore can not give authorities the user folders.

What should I do to fix it?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 7th April 2011, 23:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,463 Posts

Customers have never a record in /etc/passwd in ispconfig 3. A customer is a virtual construct in the ispconfig interface to offer configuration access to one or more websites to a person or company.
Old 7th April 2011, 23:22

Ok Till,

But when I create a new website, for example, all documents are created with root.root permissions..

When I execute "cat /etc/passwd", I cant see the new users.. I can see only users of old server (before migration)
Old 7th April 2011, 23:26
Super Moderator

Quote:
But when I create a new website, for example, all documents are created with root.root permissions..
Ok, thats something else. A website has a Linux user.

Quote:
When I execute "cat /etc/passwd", I cant see the new users.. I can see only users of old server (before migration)
Maybe the password files are corrupted. Make a backup of passwd, shadow, group and gshadow file and then check them with these commands:

pwck

and

grpck
Old 8th April 2011, 00:25

The result of commands:

Code:
root@turbo:~# pwck
user 'lp': directory '/var/spool/lpd' does not exist
user 'news': directory '/var/spool/news' does not exist
user 'uucp': directory '/var/spool/uucp' does not exist
user 'list': directory '/var/list' does not exist
user 'irc': directory '/var/run/ircd' does not exist
user 'gnats': directory '/var/lib/gnats' does not exist
user 'nobody': directory '/nonexistent' does not exist
user 'syslog': directory '/home/syslog' does not exist
user 'ntp': directory '/home/ntp' does not exist
user 'mysql': directory '/nonexistent' does not exist
user 'web2': directory '/var/www/clients/client3/web2/./home/web2' does not exist
user 'web20': directory '/var/www/clients/client3/web20' does not exist
user 'postgrey': directory '/var/lib/postgrey' does not exist
pwck: no changes
Code:
root@turbo:~# grpck
duplicate group entry
delete line 'sshusers:x:5002:'? n
duplicate group entry
delete line 'sshusers:x:5002:web1,web2,web3,web4,web5,web7,web8,web9,web10,web20,web21,web23,web25,web26,web27,web29,web33,web34,web35,web36,web38,web39,web40,web41,web43,web46,web58,web68,web69,web70,web71,web72,web76,web89,web90,web92,web93,web94'? n
'web1' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web2' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web3' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web4' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web5' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web7' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web8' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web9' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web10' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web20' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web21' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web23' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web25' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web26' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web27' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web29' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web33' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web34' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web35' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web36' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web38' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web39' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web40' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web41' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web43' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web46' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web58' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web68' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web69' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web70' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web71' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web72' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web76' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web89' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web90' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web92' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web93' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'web94' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client2' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client3' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client9' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client6' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client8' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client10' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client5' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client7' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client4' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client1' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client12' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client13' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client14' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client15' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client16' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client18' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client19' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client20' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client21' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client22' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client24' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client25' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client26' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client27' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client29' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client30' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client31' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client32' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client33' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client35' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client34' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client36' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client37' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client38' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client39' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client11' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client40' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client41' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client42' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
'www-data' is a member of the 'client43' group in /etc/group but not in /etc/gshadow
duplicate shadow group entry
delete line 'sshusers:!::'?
duplicate shadow group entry
delete line 'sshusers:!::web1,web2,web3,web4,web5,web7,web8,web9,web10,web20,web21,web23,web25,web26,web27,web29,web33,web34,web35,web36,web38,web39,web40,web41,web43,web46,web58,web68,web69,web70,web71,web72,web76,web89,web90,web92,web93,web94'?
'web1' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web2' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web3' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web4' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web5' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web7' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web8' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web9' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web10' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web20' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web21' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web23' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web25' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web26' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web27' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web29' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web33' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web34' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web35' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web36' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web38' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web39' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web40' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web41' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web43' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web46' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web58' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web68' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web69' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web70' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web71' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web72' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web76' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web89' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web90' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web92' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web93' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
'web94' is a member of the 'sshusers' group in /etc/gshadow but not in /etc/group
grpck: no changes
Old 8th April 2011, 04:36

Till,

I dont know what to do to fix it.. all new FTP users cannot log in because they have no authority..

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
Old 8th April 2011, 13:09
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guimnk View Post
Till,

I dont know what to do to fix it.. all new FTP users cannot log in because they have no authority..

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
You are talking about FTP? You should have mentioned that before, as FTP users have never a record in /etc/password in ispconfig 3. FTP users are virtual users and exist only in mysql. So your system is working properly when it does not add anything to /etc/passwd when you add a FTP user.

If you have login problems with FTP, enable verbose logging in pure-ftpd and check what the error is.
Old 8th April 2011, 19:02

Till,

I've problems when I register new clients in my server. The ISPConfig dont show errors, but the users isn't created in server /etc/passwd, but they are created in /etc/groups.

The problem is my /etc/passwd? How can I do to repair it?!

Thanks
Old 8th April 2011, 20:03
Super Moderator

Quote:
The ISPConfig dont show errors, but the users isn't created in server /etc/passwd, but they are created in /etc/groups.
Then everything works as expected. I explained you above that clients have no user in /etc/passwd, a user in /etc/passwd is only created when you add a new website and not when you add a client or a FTP user. A client has only a group and no user and the group is created as you wrote above.
Old 8th April 2011, 22:15

No Till..

When I create the site of the customer, it is not registered in /etc/passwd..