Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Desktop Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th March 2011, 08:03

Default Why is my desktop shutting down (power off) on its own after an hour of operation?

This is what I've done:
1) reformatted hard disk and reinstalled OS
2) Scanned for virus
3) Cleaned the processor heat sink/fan. Reapplied new heat dissipation paste under the heat sink.

BTW, its a P4 processor, running on XP. Hope to get more leads as I'm running out of ideas. Cheers. Thx.

Bookmarks

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off