Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 8th March 2011, 22:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
The file /proc/user_beancounters exists in the vps as well if openvz or virtuozzo is used as virtualisation system. So if you dont have that file, it simply means that your provider uses a different virtualisation software.

I still believe that its a resource problem. A server that is installed according to the perfect setup guide that uses normally more then 250 MB RAM.
OK, but I have turned off EVERYTHING to do with mail, spam, smtp, imap and all the bits that come with it. MySQL is tweaked to limit memory usage, so I can't understand how this server.sh uses over 200Mb of my free RAM plus another 512Mb of swap, just to, for example, configure a vhost to be non-ssl and restart apache. And when I do it manually and it works OK, the whole process barely takes 3-4 seconds and the memory bar hardly flutters at all.

I can run a complex large sound encode using lame on an 80Mb file, but ispconfig needs more than this just to run a shell script? Seems odd.
Sponsored Links
Old 8th March 2011, 22:34
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,534 Times in 4,352 Posts

Then you can only try to debug the scripts step by steps. There must be a difference in your system when you use the shell and cron. Maybe you installed something manually which is not in the normal paths that are used for that Linux distribution which causes a script to fail. Compare your path variable with the one that is set in the server.sh script.