Thanks for a great how-to, after some time I finally got the system working!
Although I have some issues I would like some help with:
1) I keep getting "cron daemon" mails in my inbox! Aren't these supposed to be sent to root@localhost? I don't need all that info in my main inbox
Is there somewhere I can change this?
See snip from log below:
Feb 22 08:43:01 mailgw postfix/smtp: 6AC2CC2B85: to=<email@example.com>, orig_to=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, relay=node01.domain.tld[220.127.116.11]:25, delay=0.04, delays=0.01/0/0/0.03, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 07E9720067)
Mail from cron I recive:
Reading status from /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/status
Checking that /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/cache/2011-082 exists... ok Checking that /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/cache/2011-082.18 exists... ok I am working with: Current: 2011-082 - 20 and Status: 2011-082 - 18 No base update required Update required Retrieving http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-082.19
Updating live file /opt/MailScanner/etc/phishing.bad.sites.conf
Deleting cached file: 2011-082.18.... ok
2) I'm getting errors in "mail.err" about DCC and ClamAV, see below.
Feb 22 07:42:02 mailgw ClamAV-autoupdate: ClamAV updater /usr/local/bin/freshclam cannot be run
Feb 22 08:35:08 mailgw dccifd: fopen(/var/run/dcc/dccifd.pid): No such file or directory
Feb 22 08:42:02 mailgw ClamAV-autoupdate: ClamAV updater /usr/local/bin/freshclam cannot be run
3) When running spamassassin -x -D -p /opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint, I see that my userid=1 and not 2. See below.
Feb 22 09:26:17.606  dbg: bayes: database connection established
Feb 22 09:26:17.606  dbg: bayes: found bayes db version 3
Feb 22 09:26:17.607  dbg: bayes: Using userid: 1
5) How do I setup my mailserver to work with this gateway/spamsnake?
5a) Are my clients still supposed to send mails via SMTP through my mailserver? Or should they now use the gateway/spamsnake to send mail from(SMTP)
5b) If I configure my mailserver to accept mails only from the gateway/spamsnake, how will my clients be able to connect via SMTP for sending email(if answer to 5a are yes).
6) I would love for someone (topdog), to check my server config and general setup via SSH, before throwing it into production, if this is by anyway possible.
Thanks for any replies.