Yes of course I realize that, and it's very strange. In fact, this second server has finally managed to boot fully, but it's painfully slow now and the services are not responding.
And I get the same type of errors as on the first server, namely:
task clamscan: 2492 blocked for more than 120 seconds
task apache2: 3350 blocked for more than 120 seconds
dmesg on this second server shows no errors that I can see.
All I did to the configuration over last few weeks was to
apt-get install libwww-perl
because spamassasin wasn't working, as explained here:
Other than that it's 100% exact "perfect setup".
I don't think it's a hardware or Internet problem, because, as I said, the servers are totally different and have different ISP providers.
I'll try to find out what it is and post the outcome here - however right now I don't know where to start.