Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th December 2010, 02:02

So I have found the file that puts in the "--ini" into the command. Its called "/usr/lib/uwsgi/init/snippets" and I couldn't see a problem with the syntax (which is "echo ${1: -3}" for those who care)...So I hacked it (badly!). mine now reads

"echo ini # ${1: -3}"

Just means I can only have INI files, no XML for me, not that I care.

Anyway, my thanks to Rocky for helping me out and hope this is helpful for some others out there!

Regards,

Drex

Last edited by Drex56; 14th December 2010 at 02:05. Reason: Damn my typos!
The Following User Says Thank You to Drex56 For This Useful Post:
Rocky (14th December 2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 14th December 2010, 04:54

Drex,

Sorry for not following up, been really busy. However, I'm happy you got it working. You did some great detective work .

I didn't have to do the edit because it just works with 10.10, but it must behave differently with 10.04.

Good job. I'll make sure to note it.

Rocky
Old 14th December 2010, 10:45

Hi Rocky,

Thanks, In all honesty, it may have something to do with the fact I was using the Lucid release of uWSGI rather than the Maverick that you used in the HowTo.

Also, thanks for creating such a great solution and putting up here for the likes of myself to go through as use.

Regards

Drex
Old 14th December 2010, 13:50

Hey,

No problem at all and thank you for your interest in using the SpamSnake. The truth is without all the pieces, which are free, I would have never been able to build it. I believe that since I'm using free software to make this happen, I owe it to the community to release the Snake free also. We should also thank all the developers of those pieces, especially Andrew for creating his wonderful frontend Baruwa.

Rocky
Old 17th December 2010, 18:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
We should also thank all the developers of those pieces, especially Andrew for creating his wonderful frontend Baruwa.
Rocky
Baruwa is definitely a night and day contrast (for the better) than the original mailscanner front end. I too thank you. I really hope to see some more documentation for this project.

Thank you, Andrew.

Dave.
Deconn Technical Services
Old 19th December 2010, 02:30

Go here https://github.com/akissa/baruwa, check the docs/source folder, you'll find some documents in there.
Old 22nd December 2010, 06:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex56 View Post
So I have found the file that puts in the "--ini" into the command. Its called "/usr/lib/uwsgi/init/snippets" and I couldn't see a problem with the syntax (which is "echo ${1: -3}" for those who care)...So I hacked it (badly!). mine now reads

"echo ini # ${1: -3}"
Yes, it was my unintentional mistake. Sorry for distributing buggy uWSGI package (as excuse, I can tell that this line works perfectly in Debian).

But there is good news. I've made new packages of uWSGI 0.9.6.5 for Ubuntu 10.10 (and 10.04) where this bug was fixed.

If you're interested, take a look at the PPA page: https://launchpad.net/~uwsgi/+archive/release

Or just replace line
Code:
echo ${1: -3}
to
Code:
echo "$1" | sed 's/^.*\(ini\|xml\)$/\1/g'
Technically speaking, buggy line has bash-specific syntax, but default shell on Ubuntu is dash, where bash-specific things doesn't works. This is why this line fails.
Old 8th February 2011, 22:21

Smile

Thanks 130, thats much appriciated, especially as I now have to rebuild the Spam Snake server. Will check it out...

Regards,
Drex