Old 6th December 2010, 23:10

Default Disabling some services

I need to know the correct way to disable the services I'm not using (specifically email) without messing up ISPconfig or the system in general. And I need the server to still be able to send outgoing mail was far as cron jobs, system mail, mail sent from web site functions. But I need it to stop listening to SMTP, pop3, and imap on the external networks.

I also need to know if I can safely stop and disable "portmap" without causing ISPconfig any harm.

If I go to the System Tab > Server > Services, can I just uncheck the boxes for the services I don't need (mail server, fileserver, vserver-server)?

What exactly is "fileserver" in ISPConfig anyway?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 7th December 2010, 10:02
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

The easiest way is to enable the ispconfig firewall and disable the pop3, imap and smtp ports there. If you want to free some resources, then stop the courier / dovecot service and disable it with update-rc.d or whatever tool is used on the linux distribution that you use.

Quote:
If I go to the System Tab > Server > Services, can I just uncheck the boxes for the services I don't need (mail server, fileserver, vserver-server)?
These settings are only for ispconfigs internal use, they do not stop any services. But you should disable them so that thsi server can nbot be selcted as target for email services anymore in ispconfig.

Quote:
What exactly is "fileserver" in ISPConfig anyway?
FTP