Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Feature Requests

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 1st November 2010, 10:22

Talking [REQ] better backup system

Hi,

As much as I like the new backup system in 3.0.3, it would be better if it can be improved as such:

1) allow specification of daily, weekly and/or monthy backup. NOT choose one only like what we have not.

2) allow user to select how many copies of the backup to keep.

For eg,

Daily - 3
Weekly - 4
Monthly - 12

This way, I will have 3 copies of daily backups (for the past 3 days), 4 copies of weekly backup for the month and 12 copies of monthly backup worth a year.

If I only want weekly backup then I can set daily to no backup and monthly to no backup.

Hope you guys understand what I am trying to say.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links