Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 4th October 2010, 18:19

Send a message via Skype™ to dalitso

Default Intel ESRT2, Matrix RAID or Ubuntu Software Raid?

I am trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 on a RAID 1 configuration on an Intel server board S3420GP. The server is for a certain company, so I don't have it with me as I write. I left it on site.

In BIOS setup > advanced>Mass storage controller configuration> SATA MODE there are these options: Enhanced, compatibility, AHCI, Intel ESRT2 and Matrix Raid.

When I choose intel ESRT2 and save the setting then use the intel cd to setup a raid 1 array on the two 500GB SATA drives,I get stuck on ubuntu installation when doing partitions. Its says "configure iscsi volume and asks for ip address and port.

When I select Matric Raid, I cannot even setup up an array using the Intel boot cd or get some key combination to press to enter the raid setup when server is booting.

Which of these technologies can I use for ubuntu, intel ESRT2, Matrix Raid or should I just use the ubuntu software raid?

If I can use either ESRT2 or matrix raid, please point me to where I can get instructions to install ubuntu on the raid 1.
Sponsored Links