Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th April 2006, 20:16

Default Virtual Users And Domains HowTo saslauthd problem

Hi,

Being relatively new to Linux (Debian Sarge), I followed Falko Timme's 'How To Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier

And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAssassin, ClamAV)' to the letter.

Unfortunately my saslauthd won't start. I subsequently tried apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, which resulted in this message:

invoke-rc.d: initscript saslauthd, action "start" failed

Any help or hints on how to get this daemon working or how to configure saslauth are most welcome!

Regards,

Andy
Sponsored Links

Bookmarks

Posting Rules