Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th September 2010, 13:36

Default How does "System -> Software Packages" work?

I'm trying to reinstall phpMyAdmin for ISPConfig 3.0.2.2, since it does not appear in "Tools". I've had no success using "System -> Software Packages", trying to download a phpMyAdmin package (*.deb) listed in http://packages.ubuntu.com . I get an error ("Ajax Request was not successful") for Packages when I enable http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu in Repositories.

Please, how does "System -> Software Packages" work? Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Old 14th September 2010, 18:39

Default ISPConfig documentation

I've been unable to find this in the ISPConfig documentation. Of course, before asking here, I've looked for it in places like the following:

Also, I've searched this forum. The only related answers I've found are in the first link, specifically: Additional Software, and Update Manager. But this seems to be for ISPConfig 1. The version 3 I've installed is different, and those instructions don't seem to work for it.

Any help, or link to suitable documentation, would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by juan_g; 15th September 2010 at 01:26. Reason: Added link to Bugtracker
Old 14th September 2010, 20:40

Default No software packages for ISPConfig 3?

I'm very new to ISPConfig, and not sure if .deb packages (Debian, Ubuntu...) would be managed by ISPConfig, or only .pkg are accepted. Does anyone know about this?

I was trying to use a .deb package from Ubuntu to install phpMyAdmin, because I cannot find any .pkg sofware package for ISPConfig 3, but there are a number of them for the version 2.

I'm now thinking probably there are only .pkg packages for ISPConfig 2, and ISPConfig 3 is a new version not ready yet to install packages. Is that correct?

If this is so, then probably ISPConfig 3 is not ready yet for several other things. I'm now considering to downgrade to ISPConfig 2 for now, if anyone can confirm that ISPConfig 3 is in this early stage. Thank you.

Last edited by juan_g; 15th September 2010 at 01:40. Reason: minor typo
Old 14th September 2010, 21:25

ISPConfig 3 is NOT in this early stage. Its just not so often updating.
I think that this section (Software Packages) is still under construction.
You can install phpMyAdmin by apt-get install phpmyadmin.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucani For This Useful Post:
juan_g (15th September 2010)
Old 14th September 2010, 22:08

Yes, I had installed phpMyAdmin already in this way (apt-get install phpmyadmin) before installing ISPConfig 3, which has recognized and integrated other well-known server software automatically, but not phpMyAdmin, at least in my case. Because of this, I was trying to reinstall it from within ISPConfig.

Last edited by juan_g; 14th September 2010 at 22:11.
Old 15th September 2010, 01:13

Default Symlink solution

I've just created a symlink /var/www/[new alias] pointing to the directory /usr/share/phpmyadmin (I prefer SFTP -WinSCP- rather than command line -PuTTY- to make symlinks). Now phpMyAdmin can be accessed with a browser from http://[IP number]/[new alias].

Since I would also like some integration of phpMyAdmin in ISPConfig, I've added this http://... address to System -> Interface Config -> Sites -> PHPMyAdmin URL. The Tools tab doesn't show phpMyAdmin yet, however when I add a database in Sites -> Database one of the icons that appear is linking correctly to phpMyAdmin.

So I guess this is it.

Last edited by juan_g; 15th September 2010 at 01:32.
Old 15th September 2010, 18:56
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_g View Post
Any help, or link to suitable documentation, would be very appreciated. Thank you.
I'm just about to finish the ISPConfig 3 manual. It will be available in a few weeks.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falko For This Useful Post:
alexuz (21st September 2010), Horfic (15th September 2010), juan_g (15th September 2010)
Old 15th September 2010, 19:54

Send a message via Skype™ to Horfic

I'm pleased to anounce that one of the first software packages for ISPConfig 3 will be a webmailer package including Roundcube and my Mailuser interface. Installed in just an instant^^

What I know the Software package part should be able to install it with the release of the ISPConfig 3.0.3, but no garantie on that and I only know that installing is yet in it, no remove or update.
The Following User Says Thank You to Horfic For This Useful Post:
juan_g (15th September 2010)
Old 18th September 2010, 16:10

Falko, thanks for the next ISPConfig 3 manual. Until then, I think I'm going to see if the administrator manual included in the ISPConfig 2 documentation can be partially used for ISPConfig 3. The ISPConfig3 Community User Manual is good but just for basic use, so a complete ISPConfig 3 manual is really needed.

Horfic, thanks as well for your note on the new webmailer package and the next ISPConfig 3.0.3 with package support.

Last edited by juan_g; 18th September 2010 at 16:13.
Old 19th September 2010, 16:11
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_g View Post
Until then, I think I'm going to see if the administrator manual included in the ISPConfig 2 documentation can be partially used for ISPConfig 3.
No, this doesn't work, as ISPConfig 3 is totally different from ISPConfig 2.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: