Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th September 2010, 13:13

Default iRedMail - phpLDAPadmin how to

Hi all,

With help of this forum I succeed in installing iRedMail with LDAP support on Ubuntu 10.04 but now I don't know exactly how to use it.

I added a user in my LDAP tree thanks to phpLDAPadmin but I'm not able to access its mail account within RoundCube and it is even not listed in the iRedMail admin page as mail users of my domain.

Is there a particular template to use to achieve this ? I'm not used at all to phpldapadmin but my skill with ldap is limited so I enjoy the tool and like to handle it better. On the automatically created user (www@mydomain.com) I can see an entry accountStatus which is active but I can't find the same for the user I created. Perhaps it could be a clue...

Do some of you have any links to some step by step instruction on how to add ldap users so iRedMail can be aware of ? Searching the web I just found some phpldapadmin manual alone or some iRedMail tuto but they add users with the iRedAdmin interface

Thanks in advance

Snarf
Sponsored Links
Old 17th September 2010, 16:47

in phpldapadmin,create user is very difficult, have many job need to do. this is the reason why iRedMail develop the iRedAdmin to manage the iRedMail.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:56

I succeeded nevertheles in creating users in phpldapadmin but it's true that it is really painful because it requires to add additionnal objectClass one after another and to configure the long list of related entry.

The easiest way I found is finally the contrary which is to create as you say the user via iRedAdmin and after browsing this new record with phpldapadmin and adding additionnnal information such as other phone number, address and so on in order for the user to be displayable like an address book in thunderbird or other mail client.

Thanks anyway for your reply...

Snarf

PS: good work for your how to even if personally I had some minor problems...