Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th April 2006, 21:32

Question Can you load balance all ISPConfig Services, including Apache?

Previously, I asked about the possibility for using a proxy server to speed up performance on a Celeron Server I have running ISPConfig 2.2.0 on Fedora Core 4 Perfect Setup. The 366 Mhz processor and 256 MB of RAM are far from cutting edge hardware. Therefore to prolong the inevitable is it possible to set up load balancing with ISPConfig 2.2.0 or do I have to wait for ISPConfig 3.0? I am building the load balancer 2 now and just waiting for the hardrive. Do I need a seperate server to be the Linux Director? I have been to the ultramonkey website and don't quite understand how it works, because I feel like the only load balancing that it performs in MySQL database.

The main reason I shy away from that idea is that I currently have the primative Master Slave relationship with two MySQL servers, one being the load balancer 1 (Master: Celeron, 366Mhz, ISPConfig 2.2.0, LAMP) and the second one being (Slave: Pentium 4, WIMP). Load Balancer 2 would just be a replica of load balancer 1 (except Pentium 3). Can you see my predicament? Is my idea possible? Or is there a better way to do what I am trying to do?
Sponsored Links