Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Desktop Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 7th September 2009, 02:23

Mac4Lin featured in the current issue of ComputerWorld alongwith similar projects: http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com/2009...uterworld.html
The Following User Says Thank You to infra_red_dude For This Useful Post:
falko (7th September 2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 26th November 2009, 12:52

donít doubt that there are some users legally buying copies of Mac OSX. I would more likely base my assumption on the fact that the first part of the word is HACK. Itís obvious theyíre violating the EULA to begin with and having to hack the code to get it to install. So itís not a real stretch of the imagination to assume that there are many, if not a majority of the copies of the OS being installed the machine of server side too,..
Old 27th November 2009, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansmith View Post
donít doubt that there are some users legally buying copies of Mac OSX. I would more likely base my assumption on the fact that the first part of the word is HACK. Itís obvious theyíre violating the EULA to begin with and having to hack the code to get it to install. So itís not a real stretch of the imagination to assume that there are many, if not a majority of the copies of the OS being installed the machine of server side too,..
Absolutely no clue what you are talking about!
Old 17th December 2009, 21:14

Mac4Lin is one of Lifehacker's Most Popular Linux Posts of 2009! It feels really good when you see your project figure on one of the Web's most popular tech websites! A big THANK YOU for all the support and appreciation

The author writes: "Mac4Lin Gives Linux Desktops the Complete Mac Look It really, really does. If you don't mind the obvious break in your your free-as-in-speech fidelity, it's a pretty nice setup." Full story: http://lifehacker.com/5428052/most-p...-posts-of-2009 (Mac4Lin is listed just above Jolicloud and Chrome OS)
Old 13th February 2010, 10:58

i visited it .... realy nice ....
Old 27th May 2010, 11:39

To be honest with you, the newest mac4lin compilation makes the elements of my desktop seem very awkwardly juxtaposed. This is not to say I am not a fan of the mac4lin project, but I am much more content with 0.3 as far as accuracy and streamlined looks are concerned.

-----------------------------
video streaming
Old 28th May 2010, 00:05

^^^ Well, if you are talking about the latest version of gnome and Mac4Lin, then yes a lot has changed and I haven't got a chance to update Mac4Lin.
Old 12th September 2010, 22:21

Just an update, Mac4Lin SVN has been updated with a new version of GTK Themes' and GTK Icons' directories. They are compatible with the latest version of GNOME and distributions like Ubuntu, Fedora etc.

To download everything goto this page: http://mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mac4lin/ and on the botton click on "Download Tarball". If you however want to download specific components (like GTK_Theme etc.) then goto that directory and download the specific tarball. To install, you can follow any guide available online to install either the GTK theme or the GTK Icon theme.

I am yet to make a formal release, but those who want to experiment with the latest version and file bugs are welcome to do so
The Following User Says Thank You to infra_red_dude For This Useful Post:
falko (13th September 2010)