Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st September 2010, 15:30

Question Centos 4.8 Install of Postfix Virtual Users Courier etc... (not able to send local)

I am having having grave problems with now sending of local mail.

Ie when I try sending an email to say myusername from the logged in root user.

Ie '[root@server1 ~]# mailx myusername' says it went but nothing appears in the users mailbox in /var/spool/mail/root.

What do I have to do to get this working again?

Would it be secure enough maybe to send cronscript reports to an accessible mail user on my squirrelmail domain? (The domain I have running for access to users email accounts).

Any feedback is appreciated but I require this working please,
Jeremy.

PS I have tried using /etc/aliases but nothing works when I set those up, just nothing and I dont want to have to put in an instruction on my crontabs on each job to get it to send an email to that particular user, would be a real ballache!
Sponsored Links