Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 22nd August 2010, 07:36

Default MySQL-Server Disabled (but still kinda works)

Hello,

I just followed the Debian Perfect Server install instructions and I'm REALLY liking the upgrade to the system. I've been using ISPConfig2 for about 4 years now and it has saved me a ton of time/money over the years. I decided it was time to try out ISPConfig3 and I like it even better, there's only one part that's causing me some problems right now.

When I go to the monitor tab, the resulting page tells me that there is 1 error. When I click on "more information...", it states, "One or more needed services are offline" When I click on "More..." it states, that the web-server and the ftp-server are online but the MySQL-Server is OffLine.

What's strange about this it that Everything else in ISPConfig is working great. I have even created a database and installed WordPress on it.

The part that doesn't work in PhpMyAdmin.

I've checked and PhpMyAdmin is installed on the server, but using http://www.domain.com/phpmyadmin or http://x.x.x.x/phpmyadmin don't work.

Any advice on how to get this fixed would be really appreciated.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd August 2010, 07:55

As I continued to try to track down the problem, I found the tutorial titled Protect phpMyAdmin On An ISPConfig 3 Server (Debian) and after looking through it, I decided to try it out. While going through the steps, I found that the /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf file did not exist. After creating it and following the rest of that tutorial, I am now able to access my PhpMyAdmin databases, but in the ISPConfig3 Monitor tab, it still shows an error with the MySQL-Server. Any direction on how to fix this would still be appreciated.
Old 22nd August 2010, 10:45
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,647 Times in 4,457 Posts

The ispconfig monitor checks if there is a mysql server running on localhost (IP 127.0.0.1). Ensure that your mysql server listens on all IP addresses incl. 127.0.0.1 and that you have a correct record for localhost in /etc/hosts which points to IP 127.0.0.1.