Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd April 2006, 00:41

Default Ubuntu with Debian Bind-CHRoot-HowTo

I have followed the instructions for the Debian Bind-CHRoot howto and I have everything going but two problems. 1. When I restart the bind9 service or do a rndc reload I get the following error: rndc: 'reload' failed: file not found.

I do not see a file name or anything in the log file to suggest one that is missing. I was getting a different error message before but I think part of it had to do with the fact I screwed up my link to the /var/lib/named/etc/bind folder.

2. I added a domain called national.local and it is not resolving. I can resolve external domain names, but not my internal domain name. I don't know if that has something to do with rndc or not?

Please let me know if I can provide any other information to help figure out what is going on.

Thanks,

Fred
Sponsored Links