Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th July 2010, 17:05

Default Problems with wordpress on new server running ISPConfig 3

Earlier in the month I migrated my sites to a new server ditching cPanel in favour of ISPConfig 3 with the help of a server manager. On the whole it has been pretty smooth sailing with the exception of a wordpress blog that started to give numerous permissions related errors so after a few late nights I decided to ditch the existing blog and start from scratch.

This morning I did a clean install of Wordpress and I can see the standard Wordpress page online at http://www.nudephotopro.com/blog/. Going inside though to perform the first action of deleting the "Hello Dolly" I receive a message:

"Plugin could not be deleted due to an error: Could not fully remove the plugin(s) hello.php."

Examining the file using my FTP client, I see permissions are set at 644 and if I try to change it permission is denied. It seems clear there is some kind of fundamental error in place here but not being very savvy with Wordpress or servers I am unsure what is going on and wondered if somebody here might know what is causing this? No doubt there will just be many more errors if I try to carry on like this.

Thanks

Ashley
PS The database was installed as my user.
Sponsored Links