Old 24th June 2010, 11:51

Default Fedora not install

hey i have P4 3.0ghz,2 gb ram, 101 motherboard.
but my problem is when i am trying to install Fedora my computer is just frieze. and i am not able to do any thing so i restart it.
Old 25th June 2010, 15:37
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,727 Times in 2,565 Posts

Which Fedora version? I guess your hardware isn't supported, so you might want to try another distribution such as Ubuntu.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 24th July 2010, 08:45

Default Fedora not install

ok so i have so iso's for fedora all of them are titled like this "Fedora-9-i386-disc1" xept the # at the end changes and there is 6 iso's should i burn all of them on different disc's or all together?
Old 25th July 2010, 07:09

Talking

Funny but I had a similar setup as you infact I had several 1U servers all with this very configuration and I was learning about installing Fedora when I came across an issue while running the installer.

My server kept freezing not at the same point but it was a random freez in no place inparticular during the install. The fedora disc #1 at the begining has a nice memory testing utility it feels alot like memtest (not sure if thats what it is) but it feels like that. Anyway I ran this nice utility and sure enough I saw all these red lines with white text and it was all bad ram. So I replaced the ram and my install went flawlessly this time.

I'm not sure if this is your problem but that happend to me and thats what i did to fix it.

Hope this helps you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiliamsmith10 View Post
hey i have P4 3.0ghz,2 gb ram, 101 motherboard.
but my problem is when i am trying to install Fedora my computer is just frieze. and i am not able to do any thing so i restart it.
Old 25th July 2010, 07:10

Talking

I burnt all my disc's on seperate cd's. This worked great for me.

Hope this helps you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackelliot View Post
ok so i have so iso's for fedora all of them are titled like this "Fedora-9-i386-disc1" xept the # at the end changes and there is 6 iso's should i burn all of them on different disc's or all together?