Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th July 2010, 09:08

Exclamation Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 10.04

Really nice this how to. I have just installed exactly as the "how to" explained. Everything looks fine. But when I send the welcome email to create the Maildir, nothing happens and the Maildir is not created in /home/vmail/

When I receive an email, the log shows that it has been delivered, but I don't know where, because the Maildir is not created:

Code:
to=<user@mydomain.com>, relay=local, delay=0.03, delays=0.01/0.02/0/0.01, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to mailbox)
Even if I send an email from an external server like gmail to my server, I will receive this success message in the log.

When I send an email (using SMTP client evolution on Ubuntu), the log shows it had been sent, the message arrives to its recipient but no Maildir is created:

Code:
to=<user@otherdomain.com>, relay=otherdomain.com[xx.xx.xx.xx]:25, delay=3.9, delays=0.01/0.02/1.4/2.5, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK id=1OYv2d-0004UZ-A9)
I even tried to create manually the Maildir like:
Code:
makedir -p /home/vmail/mydomain.com/user/
maildirmake /home/vmail/mydomain.com/user/Maildir
chmod 770 /home/vmail/mydomain.com -Rv
chown vmail:vmail /home/vmail/mydomain.com -Rv
And no messages were delivered yet.

Please, any help wold be very grateful. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 15th July 2010, 15:29
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,582 Posts

Are there any error messages in your mail log?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 16th July 2010, 07:41

Solved, the problem occurred because I had my hostname set also as an virtual host.