Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 4th June 2010, 21:37

Default ISPConfig live CD / installer?

Are there any ISPConfig live CDs / installers? I mean a CD/DVD which you put into the server, boot off CD, and a running / configured version of ISPConfig is installed (i.e. on top of Debian)?
Old 4th June 2010, 21:45

Send a message via ICQ to Nicram Send a message via AIM to Nicram Send a message via Yahoo to Nicram Send a message via Skype™ to Nicram

I think it is impossible. Server needs to have possibility to store data (like websites, databases, emails), and LiveCD/DVD do not have "write" possibilities.
Second problem is that every server is little bit different in network configuration, thos einfo also must be stored...
Old 5th June 2010, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicram View Post
I think it is impossible. Server needs to have possibility to store data (like websites, databases, emails), and LiveCD/DVD do not have "write" possibilities.
Second problem is that every server is little bit different in network configuration, thos einfo also must be stored...
I meant something like Proxmox VE - a distribution based on Debian, which has a KVM and OpenVZ (virtualization) built in.

You put it in, type Enter, it installs, and you have a working server which lets you start virtual guests.

Or, Asterisk@Home - you put a CD, it installs, you have a distribution with Asterisk and a nice GUI already configured, ready to work.

Something similar for ISPConfig would be great - without the hassle of going through the whole installation.