Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th May 2010, 17:34

Default Ubuntu Server on RAID 1 boot with RAID 1 data array.

Hello,

I would like to install Ubuntu Lucid Perfect Server with ISPConfig 3 onto a RAID 1 boot array and store the data on a secondary array also in RAID 1.

I have seen instructions on how to install the system onto a RAID 1, but not in the about config and also they don't say anything about whether I need to configure the onboard RAID controller (Intel Matrix).

I had originally tried to install onto an array configured with the onboard RAID, but the installation failed.

Any help would be much appreciated

For reference the board I am using in this build is a Supermicro X7SBL-LN2.

thanks,

Matt
Sponsored Links