Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th May 2010, 22:04

Default First steps after installation

I have gone through the Perfect Server installation making some changes. They are insignificant at this point because that is not what my question is about at this time.

This is my fourth server I have setup ISPConfig at this time. Everytime I realize after the fact that I did not configure everything properly and should have given it more time before I just jumped right in.

I really want my FTP user names and web directories to work out properly this time. The only thing I do not understand at this point (and grep'ing through the source code in /usr/local/ispconfig is not helping me with either).

What are the available [variables] for configuring your server? Are these field names in the database? How are they interpreted? Is there a list somewhere? If I could be told where to look in the code to find out how they are interpreted then I would be more than willing to make a list for everyone to use. Or make a guide to explain to people how to figure out the right ones to use for their preferred setup.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.