Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th May 2010, 12:37

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
So as I see things, it would be necessary for Roundcube to be able to select the server according to the username given automagically. I don't have a DB dump of a v3 database at hand, but I think there has to be a connection between the mail user account and it's corresponding mailserver somewhere (has to, as ISPConfig has to know which server to make changes to mailpasswords or sth).
Perhaps no databse connection is necessary. What is if roundcube is doing a dig ns-request to locate the server and so take the correct server? This is just an idea.

If you think the database is the better solution just do it. Sorry about but i can't help a lot because iam not a programmer.
The Following User Says Thank You to nachbar For This Useful Post:
Hans (20th May 2010)