Old 13th May 2010, 06:00

Default Glusterfs & Mysql

Hi
Give me your thoughts on the following

i want to setup a master-master glusterfs system
two ubuntu servers

i'm thinking of hosting /var on the gluster fs so that everything in /var gets replicated.
if /var isnt a good idea then i would at least want to mount all the directories used by ispconfig and mysql and their dependent services such that i always have a good backup/failover.

my main aim is to ensure that if one server fails then the other is there to pickup th slack, i only have two servers, and i intend them to be ns1 and ns2.
in my current setup i have mysql master-slave repliation setup however after some time the slave stop replicating citing a duplicate problem in the monitor data db this i could prevent from replicate but i want to have that data readily available for auditing if the masters fails.
i also want to make sure all(well all data relating to ispconfig&client) client websites gets replicated including client username, passwords, home etc.

currently i dont mind trashing ns2 to do the setup but i will need a good clean method to move data from current ns1 to gfs setup
Sponsored Links
Old 15th May 2010, 20:08
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts

I think /var is a good choice.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: