Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th May 2010, 18:22

Default Email issues with The Perfect Server - Fedora 12 x86_64 [ISPConfig 3]

Hi, I'm new to the world of Linux. I'm trying to build a mail server and found this great website with various tutorials. I followed all the steps in the Perfect Server tutorial and have ISPConfig3 installed and running (after several trials). I can login to my email account through SquirrelMail and successfully send emails but not receiving any, even sending email to myself. I tried the email dossier and it saids connection timed out on smtp session. I guess I haven't set it up properly...

I'm running this mail server behind a router. I have www.mydomain.com pointed to the static IP at my router, then port 25, 110 forward to my server (192.168.0.100). I tried play around with ISPConfig3 but have no idea what to do. Do I need to include the static IP somewhere in the server in order to receive email properly? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links