I hadn't, but now I have.
I added a cname record
Target hostname: wooodsidekennels.com.
when i used the dig command, i get the following:
; <<>> DiG 9.5.1-P3 <<>> testing.wooodsidekennels.com
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 64567
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;testing.wooodsidekennels.com. IN A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
testing.wooodsidekennels.com. 43200 IN CNAME wooodsidekennels.com.
wooodsidekennels.com. 43200 IN A 93.97.**.*
;; Query time: 310 msec
;; SERVER: 188.8.131.52#53(184.108.40.206)
;; WHEN: Tue May 11 21:28:51 2010
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 76
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I think i'm encountering the same questions as the OP I hope! I'll put this into a guide as usual when I have it sussed.