Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th May 2010, 16:40

Question Virtual Hosting With Proftpd And MySQL (Incl. Quota) On Ubuntu 9.10

I used this tutorial located here: http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-ho...ql-ubuntu-9.10

The instructions were great and it works almost flawlessly. After completing the tutorial, I tried uploading using the username and password I created. The error message was:

The uploaded file could not be moved to /location/of/dir/

The permissions on the directory when created are:

drwx--x--x 4 ftpuser ftpgroup

This is a WordPress site with the default file structure. I have read the page here but I was wondering if this is a natural occurrence from a misconfiguration of my hosting box or if it is a WordPress issue.

Is this an upload error or file permissions? I have a great feeling this is file permissions on the WP side, but what are good permissions on customer FTP directories and how would I have those perms applied as default when the user is created through MySQL?
Sponsored Links