Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th May 2010, 02:00

Default Ubuntu install on software RAID 10 gone wrong

Hello everybody,

I have a major issue with installing Ubuntu lucid lynx on a software RAID 10 system. I followed each and every step of the HowTo http://www.howtoforge.com/install-ub...ftware-raid-10 precisely, but after the first reboot I got the error:no such device message and a GRUB rescue prompt.

As I am quite new to linux I can only guess what went wrong - the array is not available at this point and the system cannot be loaded.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance!
Chris
Sponsored Links