Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th April 2010, 15:46

Default DNS issues when setting up ISPConfig 3 for Intranet use

Good afternoon folks,

I've got a dilemma on my hands. I want to set up ISPConfig on our company network so that I can host a number of websites. I've set up ISPConfig as per the instructions on this site however I'm having some problems accessing the sites that I have created.

The server name is called intranet.mydomain.lan. The network already has a domain controller and DNS server (both on a Windows 2003 box). When I try to access intranet.mydomain.lan I get a page not found error. When I add the IP address of intranet to my LAN DNS server I receive the generic Apache index.html.

I've added the IP address of my ISPConfig server to the nameservers entry on the windows DNS server but still nothing.

Can anyone tell me how to get ISPConfig to play nice in a Windows domain?

Thanks,
Mick
Sponsored Links