Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th March 2010, 13:09

Default I installed Nagios and lost ISPconfig

I had a working install of ISPConfig with several virtual hosts for subdomains.
I installed Nagios which adds itself as http://<domain>/nagios
Nagios works fine on that domain and directory but now nothing else does.
I can't connect to ISPConfig and none of my websites will serve, for all of them and ISPConfig I get the message "Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server."

To install nagios I had to add a user and a group for nagios and add the apache user to that group. Nagios sorted out the creation of the link to <domain>/nagios

From what I can tell either Nagios has either caused my system to use a different set of config files from the ones ISPconfig uses to serve my sites or something about the user permissions has stopped my sites being publicly available but I don't know enough to check out either theory.

The virtual hosts are still referred to in httpd.conf, the vhost files are still there in /sites-enabled so maybe it is a permissions thing.

Does anyone know how I could check this out or what permissions I need to set to get ISPconfig working again?
Sponsored Links