Just to make sure before I go on.
On godaddy i have 123.com that is just used as the tech site to add this:
A Record= srv0 IP xxx.xxx.xxx.100 (4 physical server @ home)
A Record= srv1 IP xxx.xxx.xxx.200 (4 physical server @ work)
A Record= srv2 IP xxx.xxx.xxx.100 (4 physical server in the future @ home)
A Record= srv3 IP xxx.xxx.xxx.200 (4 physical server in the future @ work)
then I build centos= during install when asked:
[www]= answer [srv0]
[tld]= answer [123.com]
then this home server now= srv0.123.com
then I repeat at work= srv1.123.com
Now, only talking about home at this point I go here:
1. go to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.100:81
2. change password
3. go to DNS Manager and add Master= 123.com with IP=Public xxx.xxx.xxx.50
4. click Records while still in DNS Manager for 123.com and add A Record=srv0 with ip public-xxx.xxx.xxx.50
4. next I add my client(s), hostplan and so on..
5. Then create a site on server= srv0.123.com
[create site]= greatsite.com, add users, database, so on then check the box for DNS=yes. Move to DNS manager and under Domain (SOA):
Then click Record and give IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.50 to [www]
6. go to filezilla and use either my private xxx.xxx.xxx.100 or the public IP-xxx.xxx.xxx.50 and get there..add my site files.
7. hit the site and all works including all aspects of email.
Then I go to work and repeat all exactly the same but use srv1 with xxx.xxx.xxx.200 and repeat all...and it always worked.
Now, I am sure that there is nothing wrong with any updates or version but that I just need to add a glue record but I am just saying that what I discribed was how I always have done it and it just worked.
So, (and sorry to step you through it all but maybe it will serve as a good
thing for someone) but where do i add the "glue" record...on Godaddy under 123.com somewhere or on the ISPConfig server and which server..sr0 or srv1 or both....and one last question sir...if I don't turn on srv1 do I still need a glue record