Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th December 2009, 14:21

Send a message via AIM to carlosinfl
Default Secure My Apache Config

I have a mail server running Postfix & Apache for web mail application. I followed this guide which walks you through creating 'self signed SSL certificates for Postfix and Dovecot. The SSL certs are working fine since I tested them with TLS / SASL via email however my question is can I also use the same generated SSL certificates to make my webmail session via Apache secure?

My DocumentRoot is configued to take you to *mydomain.us* and then there is a link for *mydomain.us/webmail* and the webmail sub directory is what I would like to be running on port 443.

Anyone know if this is possible with out some crazy configuration modifications? I would think I simply need to add a 'virtual host' entry in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file pointing to the location of my SSL certificates on the server.
Sponsored Links