Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > MyDNSConfig > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th September 2009, 09:18

Send a message via ICQ to torusturtle Send a message via AIM to torusturtle
Question how to join an existing MyDNSConfig multiserver setup?

Hi

I have installed MyDNSConfig on two different server.
I have intelled both like described in Installing MyDNS-NG & MyDNSConfig 3 On Debian Lenny.

On the second server I chose expert mode and the installation now asks for credentials for the master server.

But I always get the message:
Quote:
Unable to connect to mysql server
Do I have to configure the master server differently. e.g. do I have to allow special rights for the mysql server?

Thanks!

Last edited by torusturtle; 29th September 2009 at 11:45.
Sponsored Links
Old 29th September 2009, 16:21

Send a message via ICQ to torusturtle Send a message via AIM to torusturtle
Smile

Never mind!
It was a problem with the firewall.
Everything now working. :-)
Old 17th December 2009, 06:09

Most DNS services will let you configure a domain to be a slave. This means that they pull the zone (dns records) from a master.You can run the master server on one of your boxes, and have your DNS provider pull it to keep it in sync. The master would actually send update notifications when you make a changeTechnically, this would require you to run a DNS server, but it would not have to be a production server. It could be setup so that all of the public DNS queries only hit your DNS provider. This way you have a very simple and reliable update mechanism.

Thanks.
Old 19th December 2009, 06:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonedan View Post
Most DNS services will let you configure a domain to be a slave. This means that they pull the zone (dns records) from a master.You can run the master server on one of your boxes, and have your DNS provider pull it to keep it in sync. The master would actually send update notifications when you make a changeTechnically, this would require you to run a DNS server, but it would not have to be a production server. It could be setup so that all of the public DNS queries only hit your DNS provider. This way you have a very simple and reliable update mechanism.

Thanks.
Thank you for your valuable information, this will help me in accessing the DNS service