Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th December 2009, 17:57

Default CentOS 5 Server - Keeps going offline

Hello,

I have been running my website on a dedicated server for around 3 years now with Fasthosts.

Everything had been running fine until recently and I believe that the server is now being attacked.

I have checked my Apache error_log, it has a huge list of errors which are mostly repeated, but when searching them in Google to find out what they mean and how to fix them all I have found is people saying they are minor issues which makes me believe they are not the reason for the server going down.

I do know that it seems to go offline mainly between 3 - 12PM GMT meaning if I restart the server on a morning when I wake up, it can be online for several hours before going offline again, but once it does go offline I can restart it several times and it will just keep going back offline each time.

So could someone please help me find out what is going wrong and how to rectify it?

I would also like to be able to get it so that if the server itself or any of the services on it could start themselves back up if they where ever to go offline in the future aswell if possible. I have tried installing something called SIM but that doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links