Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd April 2006, 09:21

Question Fedora Core 4 Install Help (Hard drive formatting failure)

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2400, Pentium III 1GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, 3 x 36 Gb HDDs in RAID5 and I am having problems installing Fedora Core 4.

The install goes fine up to the point where it begins to format the RAID5 container. I select automatically partition the drive and have chosen to use the available space, as well as to partition the drive. Both times I have tried this an error is thrown: "An error occurred trying to format VolGroup00/LogVol00. This problem is serious, and the install cannot continue."

What am I doing wrong? The Dell RAID software is doing the container management.

Please help ...

Thanks.

Last edited by crsteiner; 3rd April 2006 at 14:57.
Sponsored Links