Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Desktop Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 31st October 2009, 04:01

Exclamation compiz fusion on fedora 11 x64 problem

Hi. I was trying to install compiz fusion for my fedora 11 x64 system. I ended up with the guide http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=173317. Unfortunately, I failed to do a compiz-check before running the whole thing. I enabled compiz and did a reboot. Now when I log in, all I could see is a white screen with my mouse visible. I know that compiz is enabled because I can see the white cube rotate when doing ctrl+alt+left/right. This is the only thing I could do with it. How can I disable compiz at this rate? BTW, I'm on a Gnome DE.

Regards,
Patrick
Sponsored Links
Old 31st October 2009, 13:40
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,743 Times in 2,577 Posts

Have you tried to undo your changes on the command line?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 2nd December 2009, 03:50

Try hitting control + alt + f1 to get back into the terminal and away from X. Then checkout the ~/.config/autostart folder to see if compiz is listed in there (then you can get rid of it) or maybe in ~/.xinitrc it may be listed. If nothing else try executing "DISPLAY=:0 gnome-panel &" to see if you can get chunks of gnome to startup or determine if your setup is truly f*****