Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th November 2009, 11:54

Default SELECT command denied

Hey,

I have installed ispconfig on a master and slave. When the slave is trying to delete logs out of the table monitor_data, it recieves the error SELECT command denied.

I first thought this was due to permissions on the MySQL DB on the master server, but this did not fix it.

I have searched the forums for this issue, and did not have any luck. The full error is below. Many thanks in advancef for your help!

DB::query(DELETE FROM monitor_data WHERE type ='raid_state' AND created < 1257238501) -> mysql_query SELECT command denied to user 'ispcsrv5'@'pop' for column 'type' in table 'monitor_data'

--julian
Sponsored Links
Old 5th November 2009, 17:34
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,259 Times in 4,123 Posts

Must be a permission isssue. Please check if all occurences of the mysql user ispcsrv5 in the master database have delete permissions on the table monitor_data.

This is most likely a bug in the ispconfig installer if the permissions are not set correctly.
Old 5th November 2009, 22:27

I thought it was a permission issues. On hte master server I ran the GRANT ALL ON *.* 'ispcsrv5'@'pop'; just to see if it would fix it.

No joy...

Any other ideas?

Is there any other info I can post that will assist?
Old 6th November 2009, 07:13

I'd be happy to try more if someone could inform me how I can manually debug that user.

How would I find out what password ispconfig set for the user ispcsrv5?
Old 15th November 2009, 00:36

Same issue here after upgrading from 3.0.1.4 to 3.0.1.6.. I suddenly got warnings for the servers on the ispconfig monitor.

DB::query(DELETE FROM monitor_data WHERE type ='sys_log' AND created < 1258240203) -> mysql_query SELECT command denied to user 'ispconfig'@'server.bla.com' for column 'type' in table 'monitor_data'

trying to do a select from such server:

select * from monitor_data WHERE type ='sys_log';

I get

ERROR 1142 (42000): SELECT command denied to user 'ispconfig'@'server.bla.com' for table 'monitor_data'

should their not be a server_id id filter btw?
Old 15th November 2009, 10:22
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,259 Times in 4,123 Posts

Hello Justin, the poster before you has a multiserver setup while your setup is a single server setup according to the sql queries and mysql users you posted. single and multiserver setups use a completely different user setup in mysql, so your problem must be a different problem.

Please check that the passwords in the config.inc.php files for the user ispconfig on your server are correct.

@woggo_85

The select permission was missing in the grant statement in the installer. This has been fixed in svn already. Please add the select privelige for all ispcsrv* in the master database for the monitor_data table and reload the priveliges or restart mysal on the master.
Old 15th November 2009, 15:58

Hello Till,

I do have a multi-server setup too.
The usename 'ispconfig' might be confusing compared to a ispcsrv* one, as it was set manually during the trancission from a single to multiserver setup in the past.

Is there still something in the sql statement besides the user, that indicates to you that this is not a multi-server setup?

If I understand correctly

UPDATE `mysql`.`tables_priv` SET `Timestamp` = NOW( ) , `Table_priv` = 'Select,Insert,Delete' WHERE `tables_priv`.`Host` = 'SERVERNAME' AND `tables_priv`.`Db` = 'dbispconfig' AND `tables_priv`.`User` = 'USER' AND `tables_priv`.`Table_name` = 'monitor_data' LIMIT 1 ;
flush privileges;

Where SEVERNAME and USER are replaced with the correct values of course

should fix it for me?

Justin