Old 8th November 2009, 02:23

Default Good evening my problem is

i followed the howto for ispconfig3, and also fixed the typos in his howto.. recive works, fine. how ever my send. does not.. i can send to my providers dns works fine.. anything else fails. i get connection times out and cant find mx recorts.. so im assumming.. it does not like my ip... no in past mail servers. i have set up my smtp server in the settings.. in that how to and in ispconfig i am not sure where i am to enter smtp.blabla.bla this is the first time i am using ispconfig... i really like it as per for the the vir websites and i made 7 they all work great.. and my email works great other then i cant send to anyone outside of my providers dns.. anyone care to give me a hand thanks.

when trying to send to any email other then the emal outside of my provider i get
relay=none, delay=150, delays=0.03/0.02/150/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to mx3.hotmail.com[65.54.188.94]:25: Connection timed out)
hotmail gmail blackberry bla bla bla. and yes i have checked to see if my domain has been blacklisted on mx and no its all fine... it is just something small and i think it is a setting where i can change in ispconfig to send out my email threw an smtp server not send out threw my ip like it is trying to do.. thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Old 8th November 2009, 14:50
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,496 Times in 4,326 Posts

Please ask your provider if they block connections to external mail servers. If that the case, you can configure a relay server in the server settings in ispconfig.