Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th October 2009, 11:58

Question Fedora 10 - Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier etc

I am having trouble with the above tutorial.

I went through the perfect sever up to ispconfig setup (didnt need that so dont see the point when I get what I need through webmin (actually barely use that so there's no point in even having that, its just sometimes i prefer to use a web interface).

Anyways.

I setup the sales@jeremysmith.me.uk (as an example so I could understand whats going on as thats all I would be using but it just doesnt seem to want to work.

I made sure I followed the steps exactly (except the virtual domain it gave I saw it as being the one I wanted to use not example.com or whatever it was), changed that to jeremysmith.me.uk (my real online domain name as it where).

I get the following error though any suggestions as how to work out whats actually happening?

Quote:
Oct 6 10:52:40 fc10redhat dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<sales@jeremysmith.me.uk>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
I have redone the password for the email user countless times, 'secret' using encryption but just nothing seems to be working.

Can someone help?

Any help would be wonderfull.

Regards,
Jeremy.
Sponsored Links