Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th September 2009, 21:32

Default Apache, FTP and PHP

Hi All,

I followed the following tutorial to create a server which can be used to create a virtual server environment.

http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-ho...l-debian-lenny

Now, when the user logs in and puts his PHP files they are given a 403 forbidden error. I know it is related to the permissions on the file/folder and the apache server is running as www-data user, while the files are uploaded by 'ftpuser'

Any suggestions on how to setup my apache server so that users can run their own php scripts as well as create/edit directories (if their php scripts want to create directories) in their own folders.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Bookmarks

Tags
apache, php5, proftpd